Monday, January 08, 2007

Loving Mondays





I know its probably annoying to all the 9-5ers out there, but I have come to love Mondays. It is quiet in the house and I catch up on all the stuff I have let go over the weekend to tend to other things that are more important (like family and myself). I guess I find a great comfort in tending the nest. I am glad that I get to stay home and take care of my children and our home. Plus I get to do fun stuff like buy Power Ranger umbrellas (for Z) and bubblegum (for A). It really is the little things in life that make me happy. Suriye, Sibel, A and I went to see Disney on Ice yesterday. It was great fun. A bought a "jesse" hat for herself and a "woody" hat for Z. On the New Year's resolution front I am trying the "8 minutes in the morning with Jorge Cruise". The extra 5 that somehow ended up on my waist and hips is hanging around (no pun intended). I wonder if it was the apple crumb pie, chocolate chocolate chip cookies, the apple bread or the 58 servings of eggplant parm I have consumed over the past 4 weeks. Regardless, I had 1/2 of a mini whole wheat bagel for bfast, 1 cup of coffee, and 3 eggwhites. Instead of the grapefruit half I had one of the kids fruit leathers. Lunch of green beans (with salt only), a soy hot dog on a slice of bread with ketchup and 2 tbsps of Z's mac and cheese was DEELISH-really. The 8 minutes part is the weight program you do in the morning. It is pretty easy and Z did most of it with me. How long will my enthusiasm last? Tune in next post...(bath time for Z).

No comments: